Many times, users face the issue when their extender is unable to connect to the router. To initiate the setup process of the extender, one of the essential things is to connect your extender with the router using an Ethernet cable or just go wirelessly. If you are unable to connect these two devices together, you will experience the red light issues and ultimately you will not reach the login administration of the extender. No matter whether you have used the right 192.168.188.1 login details or not!
In this small guide, you will be able to learn about the most common reasons why your extender is not connected to your router along with the troubleshooting tips.
Reasons Why There Are Connectivity Issues Between Your Extender And Router! 192.168.188.1 login
When it comes to talking about the topmost reasons why you are extender and the router is not connecting to each other, there are a number of points that come under this topic. Here we’re discussing that only.
- If the LED light on the extender blinks in red or orange color.
- If you are using a loose or damaged Ethernet cable.
- If the power socket you are using is not in working condition.
- If you have not configured the router properly.
- If there is no prominent Internet connection at your home or workplace.
- If you haven’t placed the extender at the right spot or the position of the antenna is inappropriate.
- If you have reset the extender partially.
- If you are unable to install the extender properly.
These are some of the basic reasons that can become a great hurdle in the connectivity part of the extender and the router. If you want to proceed further, you will need to eliminate all these causes in advance. Now the question is how to fix these problems! Well, check out the following details.
How To Fix The Connectivity Issues?
- If you’re going for wired connectivity, make sure you are using a good quality Ethernet cable that should not be damaged or have cuts.
- For the power supply, the socket you are using should also be in working condition.
- Make sure the outer parts of the extender, as well as the router, is not damaged in any way. In short, the hardware should be perfect.
- Make sure the LED lights on the extender as well as router is working properly and there is a prominent solid green light blinking on the top.
- Place the extender and the router in the same room without any interference. This will lead to prominent connectivity between the two devices.
- The wrong selection of placement adversely impacts the connectivity part of the extender and the router. To minimize these issues, you will need to follow some of the following points.
- Placement of extender in the center position can help you get better results.
- Keep your extender away from electronic gadgets and reflected objects.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is placed away from the concrete walls, windows, doors, and corners.
In conclusion, these are some of the aspects that you need to keep in mind while establishing a connection between your extender and the router. Pay special attention while using the 192.168.188.1 login details!