Just by installing the Netgear extender at your home or workplace, you can see a visible change in the intensity of the Wi-Fi signal. This will help you enjoy online videos and movies without any interruption. Along with that, you can also manage your online professional work and Zoom meetings without any buffering. Use the appropriate 192.168.188.1 login details and follow the right steps of setup. For the extender to work properly, you will need to update its firmware on a regular basis. By doing so, you will see a drastic change in the overall performance of the device.
Now the question is how to update the firmware of the extender without facing much hassle. Well In this content, we will be discussing that only. It is a fact that the overall performance of your extender will enhance automatically if you keep the firmware updated. It acts as a helping hand when it comes to deal with security threats and viruses. It is seen that many users are not familiar with the firmware update process. For them, here is a small guide.
By using the automatic process or filling the right IP address, you can easily get the latest firmware. Yes, the automatic process is less complicated because all you need is the access to Netgear Genie setup. Using that, you can easily find out the most compatible and suitable firmware update for your extender.
On the other hand, the method of using www.mywifiext.net to update the extender involves a series of steps that you need to follow without any lapse. But this method is perfect for those who are finding out a specific version of Netgear firmware for the extender. You can use both the methods and find out which is shooting the best.
UPDATE NETGEAR FIRMWARE VIA AUTOMATED PROCEDURE:
The first method to update the Netgear firmware is using the automated procedure. For that, you will need to follow some of the below written steps.
- The very first thing is to get your device and plug it in a reliable power source.
- Next, open the web browser in your computer system of your choice.
- Now, use a proper IP address in the given space of the web browser. You will need to fill the 192.168.188.1 login details too.
- Find the navigate icon and click on the same.
- As a result, you will see the menu of the extender on your screen.
- Here you will find the option of Settings and Firmware update.
- If you are unable to find this option, then check out the maintenance section as many models of extender support that only.
- When everything is done, hit the Check option.
Here you can check the availability of the new firmware for the extender model. You can simply follow the instructions appearing on the screen and then if the new firmware is available, then it will get updated automatically.
Summing up, the above mentioned steps of the updating the firmware of the extender will make the whole process easy for you.