Setting up an extender or repeater can become a hectic process if you don’t follow up on the required 192.168.188.1 steps properly. To make this whole process easy, you can use the WPS setup method which is also known as the Wi-Fi-protected setup method. Under this, you just need to find the WPS switch or button on the device you are using. Make sure that you invest in a device that supports the WPS feature. This will save your time as well as effort.
Here we are discussing a small guide related to the setup process of the extender so that you can eliminate the cause of the error.
Extender Setup Process – The Effective Steps!
- The very first thing is to unbox your new extender.
- Use a prominent power socket to supply power to the new extender.
- After you are done with that, you will see multiple lights blinking on the extender. if the lights are solid green in color, that means the connections are built properly.
- The blinking of the red light directly means that there is some issue with the connectivity part.
- Once you see the green light on the extender, you are ready to proceed further.
- Open the web browser of your choice and fill in the required IP address in the given column.
- It is essential to type in the address without making any spelling mistakes. A minor mistake in digits can lead to multiple errors. You can use any browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Press enter after typing the IP address. If it is right for your device, then you will directly reach the login admin page of the extender.
- Now, you will need to add default credentials including the username and password. For password, you can type PASSWORD and in the space of username, you can type ADMIN.
- After filling in the required details, you need to click login.
- As a result, you will reach the settings page of the extender. Here you will get the excess to make changes in different options of the extender. This includes security level settings, changes in password and username, LAN, WAN, WLAN, and more.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up the Netgear Range Extender. In case you are facing issues with any of the steps, you are free to consult experts regarding the same.
Why Location Is Important?
Location is very important in the overall working of an extender.
- Make sure that you have placed the extender and router in the same room. This will lead to better connectivity.
- If you position the antenna of the extender properly, you will see better outcomes than before. Along with that, by keeping the standard at some height, there will be a better transmission of signals leading to more promising outcomes.
- Never keep the extender in a drawer or cabinet. This will restrict the transmission of the signals. In the same way, never cover the extender with a cloth or something.
Summing up, you need to be very careful while working with an extender. From the setting up process to the selection of a location, there are multiple things to keep in mind. This small guide about 192.168.188.1 login will help you to get aware of the Essentials that will lead to minimum errors for no error.