Resetting the extender is counted as the best way to get rid of all the technical issues that you face while setting up the Netgear wifi range extender. But it is also a fact that a lot of users are unaware of the factory reset process. After you are done with the factory reset process, you will find that all current settings of your extender will get cleared. It will not be wrong to say that the extender will become a new device once again. Just use the 192.168.188.1 admin setup details in the right way!
Once you reset your extender, you will find that your device will come back to a form where you will get the default username and password, admin password, and other security settings. So make sure you have saved all this information somewhere or keep a backup of the same so that it can help in case you forget the essential credentials. All this will make it easy to restore the data in case you want to reconfigure your extender once again.
It is also recommended to remove the WiFi password after creating the backup of all the existing extender settings. This is helpful if you ever changed the password from default to something else.
How to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender?
You can use two ways to reset the Netgear WiFi Range Extender. Here we are discussing these two methods in detail.
Using the Web Admin Panel –
You will need to follow some of the following steps if you want to reset the Netgear extender via the web admin panel.
- The very first thing is to open the web browser of your choice. From Chrome to Firefox to Safari, you can pick any browser that is updated and meet your all requirements.
- The next step is to fill in the right IP address in the given space of the browser and then press ENTER.
- After this, you will reach the login admin page of the extender.
- Hereby, you will need to enter the default username and password. Click LOG IN.
- This directly links you to the Factory Reset section where you need to wait until your extender resets.
- You can reboot your device after the resetting part is over.
These are the few steps that will help you restore the default factory settings on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Using The Reset Button –
Another way by which you can reset your Netgear extender is by using the reset button. Follow up the following steps for that –
- Make sure you disconnect all the connected devices from your Netgear range extender before initiating the process.
- Then keep the extender switch on and find a Reset hole on your extender. Mainly, it is available in the back or side of the extender.
- Put a pin or thick paper clip inside that hole and press the reset button for a few seconds.
- After that, leave the extender to reboot itself on its own.
In this manner, you can easily reset the extender using the rest button very easily.
Hopefully, this small guide related to wifi repeater 192.168.188.1 admin setup and its resetting part will help you manage the issues properly.