If you are thinking about investing in reliable and high-quality routers and extenders, then Netgear is the name that will come to your mind at once. Today, most of our work is done using the internet and for that, you will need to invest in devices like extenders, repeaters, routers, etc. with the motive to get access to high-speed internet connectivity. Millions of people are using these devices. The best part is you can easily set up these devices by following the 192.168.188.1 wireless extender setup instructions.
Believe it or not, extenders have become the need of society and you can’t deny the importance of these devices in our day-to-day life. From carrying out personal needs to fulfilling professional tasks, there are a number of activities for which you will need reliable internet access.
Many users find the setup process of the Netgear extender very critical. So here in this small guide, we are trying to give you the best information regarding resetting and configuring these devices by following proper instructions.
How to Reset and Configure Netgear Router Extender?
If you have installed a router in a large house, then there are chances that you will face weak signal strength. Along with that, you will suffer from the problem of Dead zones. It is advisable to invest in a new Wi-Fi extender rather than buying a new router connection.
Steps To Reset And Configure The Netgear Router Extender –
By pressing the reset button At the back of the standard for a few seconds, you can reset the device to default.
- Make sure you place the extender close to the router to get the best results. Press the WPS button on the router as well as the extender. The whole process will be carried out automatically.
- If you have an extender without any WPS button, then you need to maintain connections wirelessly.
- Launch the web browser of your choice and type the IP address in the given space.
- By entering the username and password, you can easily log in to your extender settings. You can take the help of the user manual if you are not aware of the login credentials.
- As you reach the main settings page, select manual configuration by going to the wireless connection. Type the IP address in the same range. Hereby you can change the username and password as per your choice. Don’t forget to save the settings!
Congratulations you have successfully reset and configure the Netgear extender to your home network. Try to place this extender at an appropriate place where signal strength is weak. Establish a connection with your device to the extender either using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly
These are some of the essential steps that one needs to follow while regulating the process of resetting and configuring the Netgear extender. Yes, you might face multiple issues in this process but this small guide of 192.168.188.1 wireless extender setup will definitely help you to resolve the connectivity