Extenders or Repeaters are perfect for amplifying your signals to the next level. These devices are meant to improve the coverage so that you can’t lose signals while walking from one room to another. Using the wifi repeater 192.168.188.1 admin setup details, you can easily install these at your home or workplace. It is always advised to pay special attention to the IP Address you are using.
Many times, you will face issues like a yellow exclamation point in the lower right corner, bandwidth restrictions and restrictions by the network management, and more even if the computer in the LAN is wired or wirelessly connected. These issues are directly linked to the IP Address of your device. To tackle the issues of restrictions, you need to make changes to the IP Address.
Now the question is – How do you change the IP address? Here are a few ways to summarize:
How To Change My IP Address?
You can go for different methods for this purpose, and here we are discussing them.
- The very first thing is you need to enter the IP address from the network.
- To initiate the process, you need to click the network connection icon. You will find it in the lower right corner of the taskbar. A window will open, and here, you need to click the “Open Network and Sharing Center” link.
- In the View Active Network column, click the “Local Area Connection” link.
- Click the “Properties” button by opening the “Local Area Connection Status” dialog box.
- At this point, you need to open the “Local Area Connection Properties” dialog box.
- Double-click the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” item on the “Network” tab.
- Lastly, open the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties” dialog box. Here you can set and modify the IP address under the “General” tab.
Using the repeater, you can make modifications to the IP address. For that, you might need the user manual that comes along with the repeater. Except for the IP address, you can make changes in the username, password, and security levels.
- The first step is to type the management IP address by opening the Internet Explorer browser or any other browser of your choice. For example, you can use the wifi repeater 192.168.188.1 admin setup
- Press ENTER, and you will reach the login admin of the repeater.
- Here you need to enter the username and password. Click OK to log in to the settings part.
- You will reach the option of LAN Port Settings under the category Network Parameters.
Using this option, you can modify the IP address without much hassle. Click the SAVE button after you are done with everything.
- Using a proxy server can be another method to make changes in the IP address of your device.
- You can use the proxy server and the IP address assign by the proxy in order to get access to a web page like a web-based forum, etc.
- To manage this, you need to take the help of the ISP, also known as Internet Service Provider, as it is not a technical process and you can’t solve it. So, it’s better to hire them to change your IP Address.
All in all, these are some of the main methods that you can use to make changes in the IP address of your device. This will let you get better security and make the whole setup process easy and convenient for you. In case you are facing any issue with changing the IP address, you can consult the experts anytime.