Repeaters can be a life-changing addition in your life if you are dealing with issues like poor internet connectivity or less coverage of the Wi-Fi signals. All you need is to install these, and you are off to enjoy the uninterrupted internet accessibility in all corners of your home or workspace. You might face issues with using the private IP Address 192.168.188.1 to setup the repeaters, but here we are discussing all the essential steps that you need to follow throughout the procedure.
How Do I Install A Wi-Fi Repeater?
Feeling like the installation of the repeaters is a tough task! Well, it is not that so. Just find a prominent location to place your repeater so that it can work to its maximum capacity. Use a reliable power source and make sure that the ethernet cable is not damaged. Type in the 192.168.188.1 in the given browser column, and you will directly get to the login admin page of the repeater.
Yes, you might face issues to get the internet accessibility at the outer regions of the house or office, like at the patio or balcony. To solve this issue, you can invest in weatherproof Wi-Fi repeaters. These can be installed outside your home, and you will get internet accessibility even if you are staying outside.
Setup Your Wifi Range Repeater!
If you are looking forward to regulating the login process of Wi-Fi Repeater, then the below-mentioned steps will help you to commit fewer errors, whether it is typing in the IP 192.168.188.1 or the blinking of the red light due to connectivity errors. All you need is to follow these points in an organized way.
- Firstly, you need to unbox the repeater and plug it into a reliable power source.
- Then, you need to open the wireless utility on your system by choosing the SSID of your network.
- Enter the default credentials in the required space, i.e., the password and the username. Check out the user manual. It comes along with the repeater. You can also find the credential information on the sticker of the repeater.
- Open the browser of your choice.
- Type in the right IP Address in the bar column of the browser. You can either use mywifiext.net or fill 192.168.188.1. The login admin will open in front of you where you need to enter the default password and the username.
- At the space of username, you can type in ADMIN and leave the space of the password blank. Click on Login.
- Click on Setup Wizard and open it. Here you will find the setup wizard menu where you can set your network manually.
- Choose the wireless network that you want to expand.
- Enter the password for your selected network. Click next.
- By entering the SSID and password, you can easily make changes in the network settings.
Congratulations, your network process is complete. You can get access to the summary page. Here you can manage the settings for your router and the extended Wi-Fi network.
You might need this information in the future. So, it’s better to save the details somewhere. Other than that, in this whole process, make sure the light on the extender lights up in green color, which means that there are healthy connections.